Monday, January 22, 2007

Winter

And as they opened their unclosing eyes
ready for yet another forlorn beginning,
the stormy snows swept over their desires
freezing the moments past.

The apologies and pleadings,
the sorrows and tarnations,
the experience finally
even overtaking their loss.

The damnation becoming apparent
but fading just as quickly.
The simple pleasure of that frost,
those starlike shapes outside the window clear.

That blizard meaning more
than each second apart,
together,
or alone.

Winters commence.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
sorry I missed you earlier on msn- One World Week is keeping me nice and busy!
Anyway, found this poem by Nazim Hikmet, a political prisoner in Turkey. This poem is one of a series written to his wife Piraye- each composed between 9 and 10 at night, an hour they had agreed to spend thinking of one another. It's translated from Turkish- I can only imagine what the original poem is like! This is love, my friend. It says so much saying so little. What do you think?



24 September 1945

The best sea has yet to be crossed.
The best child has yet to grow up.
Our best days have yet to be lived;
and the best word I wanted
to say to you
is the word I have not yet said.

22/1/07 22:48  
Blogger Aurora said...

It's perfect...
Thank the Lord you're here to find pieces of this world to bring me down from all my fears. I don't know what I would do without you...and Mr. Hikmet I suppose :)

Take care babe!
xxx

23/1/07 10:17  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home