Thursday, November 09, 2006

Home

"My mind's distracted and diffused,
My thoughts are many miles away.
They lie with you when you're asleep,
And kiss you when you start your day."
(Verse from "Kathy's Song" by Simon and Garfunkel, 1965.)

If I could simply live within this song.
It reminds me of Home.
Of me.

Simon took a piece of me away with his words.
I remembered this piece now.
I seemed to have forgotten about it.
Left it stranded and alone.

The music reminds me of my memories.
Enjoying Love.
Painting.
Dancing.
Singing.
Crying.
Hoping.

It reminds me of the "drops of rain..."
Like a Memory they fell.
Each drop a reminder of myself.
Each a burning memory of the past.

The steps I took then
are slowly returning.
Uncertainly questioning.
Dancing with the drizzle.
Expecting a Storm.

"And as I watch the drops of rain,
Weave their weary paths and die.
I know that I am like the rain,
There but for the grace of you go I."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home