Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Improbable

I lay there, hair strewn all over my face,
the desires slowly extinguishing my mind,
each spark dying out profusely,
as a weakenss was mentioned.
The weakness of being in love.
Weakness.

Contrary to this belief,
I found myself questioning the notion.
Weakness?
Or strength?

I spent years in the mellow and simple belief
that love was in fact a strenght,
support,
simplicity,
reliance,
sheer glee even.

Who knew it to be so selfish,
rough,
difficult,
questionable?

Now I wonder at the truth.
My truth.
Is it reasonable
or simply imagination?
Honest
or just a little hope?

Weakness
or Strength?

"Man can believe in the impossible, but can never believe the improbable."
(Quote by Oscar Wilde.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that quote..
been thinking about the impossible a lot this week.. what it means to believe. Someone told me the opposite of faith is not doubt, but certainty. I think I've been swinging between doubt and certainty my entire life, never settling for a bit of good ol' faith. But I'm diving in- reckless wonder, here I come!

24/5/07 00:14  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home